The Business of the Day for the #ShopHardeman Hashtag and Photo Contest for today, November 29 or Black Friday, is Hatchie River Trading Co.
When you shop at Hatchie River Trading Co. today and post about it for #ShopHardeman, your post is worth four entries in the #ShopHardeman drawing for a chance to win a Grand Prize worth $500.
Located in Downtown Bolivar, walking through the door of Hatchie River Trading Co. is like walking through Alice’s looking glass as you enter a beautiful world of artwork, textiles, and gifts.
The shop opened its doors in June 2018 with a dream to support small crafters and local business. The shop’s owner, Karen Roberts, said she has been supporting other artists for years and continues to support them by making their wares available in her store. Karen, who is an artist herself for more than 30 years, said she also makes some of her own merchandise for the store.
New and exciting arrivals in the shop include handcrafted items from Peru, such as vibrant and brightly colored textiles, to use as throw rugs or heavy blankets, and jewelry. Some of her more popular products are gift boxes and handcrafted jewelry.
Hatchie River Trading Co. also carries a line of cruelty free cosmetics called RealHer which include lipstick, mascara, face bars, and more. You can also find many Deco Miami nail lacquer, luxury nail color that is 8-free, TPHP-free, vegan, and cruelty-free.
When asked why she chose to open her shop in Bolivar, Karen said, “I like the effort and vision being put into the town.”
Hatchie River Trading Co. is located at 107 W Market St, Bolivar. It is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm. You can find them on Facebook at Hatchie River Trading Company and Instagram at @hatchierivertrading.
Hatchie River Trading Co. attracts patrons from Memphis, Somerville, La Grange, Bolivar and the rest of the surrounding area.
Participate in #ShopHardeman
When you shop at any business in Hardeman County and post about it on Facebook and Instagram for #ShopHardeman, your post is an entry in the drawing to win a Grand Prize worth $500 which includes the following gift certificates:
- $50 to Hatchie River Trading Co.
- $50 to Vaughan Citgo in Bolivar
- $50 to Livi Lou’s
- $50 to Lucky’s
- $50 to The Tilted Willow & Co. in Middleton
- $50 to Valero in Bolivar
- $50 to Biscuitry
- $50 to Second Chances in Grand Junction
- $50 to Beehive Beauty Spa opening December 2
- $50 to Bill’s Flowers
How to play:
- Make a purchase at any business in Hardeman County
- Post a picture of you with your purchase on Facebook and Instagram
- Use the hashtag #ShopHardeman in the post AND tag the Chamber @hardemancochamber
How to multiply your entries:
- Any Hardeman County business = 1 entry
- Chamber Member business = 2 entries (Browse our Business Directory to see what businesses are Hardeman County Chamber Members.)
- Business of the Day = 4 entries