When you pump gas or shop in the convenience store at Vaughan Valero on December 6 and post about it for #ShopHardeman, your post is worth four entries in the #ShopHardeman drawing for a chance to win a Grand Prize worth $500.
On Monday we shared about the beginnings of Vaughan Citgo and Vaughan Oil Company and what sets its stations apart. You can read about it here.
Today, we want to talk about the Vaughan Valero station and how Vaughan Oil Company gives back to the community.
Vaughan Oil bought the station from Mapco in 2012 and turned it into what is now Valero. Like the Vaughan Citgo station, Valero is a self-serve gas station and convenience store. Valero provides gas, diesel, and racing fuel, as well as non-ethanol fuel. The convenience store offers hot Community brand coffee, cold drinks, and snacks.
Like the other Vaughan stations, the station offers a family friendly atmosphere. They do not sell alcohol or pornographic magazines. The employees are long time employees so, when you visit, you can get to know who you are doing business with.
Valero is located at 817 W Market St in Bolivar. Its hours are Monday – Sunday, 6 am to 10 pm.
Vaughan Oil Company seeks to serve and support its community.
When asked what his operating philosophy is he said one of them “has always been to give back to the community that provides so much and does business with us and be a supporter of this community through schools and organizations,” said Greg Vaughan, the owner or Vaughan Oil Company.
“We do not have a take, take, take philosophy. But we seek to give back to the community that supports us so continually and faithfully,” he continued.
One thing they are currently supporting is that Vaughan Oil Company is a sponsor of the Festival of Trees, a fundraiser for Carl Perkins Center.
The company also supports local schools through athletic sponsorships and advertising every year. They sponsor the printing of the basketball, football, baseball, and softball schedules for Bolivar Central High School and also display team photos on a banner outside their main office located at Vaughan Citgo.
Participate in #ShopHardeman
When you shop at any business in Hardeman County and post about it on Facebook and Instagram for #ShopHardeman, your post is an entry in the drawing to win a Grand Prize worth $500 which includes the following gift certificates:
- $50 to Hatchie River Trading Co.
- $50 to Vaughan Citgo in Bolivar
- $50 to Livi Lou’s
- $50 to Lucky’s
- $50 to The Tilted Willow & Co. in Middleton
- $50 to Valero in Bolivar
- $50 to Biscuitry
- $50 to Second Chances in Grand Junction
- $50 to Beehive Beauty Spa opening December 2
- $50 to Bill’s Flowers
How to play:
- Make a purchase at any business in Hardeman County
- Post a picture of your purchase on Facebook, Instagram, or both
- Use the hashtag by typing #ShopHardeman AND tag the Chamber by typing @hardemancochamber in the post (you can also use the check-in feature on Facebook or the location feature on Instagram if tagging does not work)
How to multiply your entries:
- Any Hardeman County business = 1 entry
- Chamber Member business = 2 entries (Browse our Business Directory to see what businesses are Hardeman County Chamber Members.)
- Business of the Day = 4 entries