When you pump gas or shop in the convenience store at Vaughan Citgo on December 2 and post about it for #ShopHardeman, your post is worth four entries in the #ShopHardeman drawing for a chance to win a Grand Prize worth $500.
Vaughan Citgo is conveniently located at the junction of Highway 18 South and Highway 64 in Bolivar. The gas station is also the site of Vaughan Oil Company’s main office.
Vaughan Oil Company, owned by Greg and Janna Vaughan, was purchased by Greg’s dad in 1982. At the time, the current service station was also located on the same corner of highway when the oil company was purchased. Originally a 76 brand station, it became Citgo 10 years later.
Vaughan Citgo is a self-serve gas station and convenience store. Citgo provides gas, diesel, and racing fuel, as well as non-ethanol fuel. The convenience store offers hot coffee, cold drinks, and snacks.
Greg said that what sets Vaughan Citgo apart is that the shops are family friendly. The convenience store does not sell alcohol or pornographic magazines. From the staff they hire, who are all long time employees, to their customers and merchandise, Vaughan Citgo offers a safe, wholesome environment.
Other things that Greg said sets Vaughan Citgo apart is personalized service. The employees are long time employees so you can know the people working when you come in and shop. As the owner of the company, Greg said he is always accessible.
“You can call at any time and I can get back to you,” said Greg.
“Having grown up here in Hardeman County,” said Greg, “I always had ideas that I would come back and work in the family business.”
He said the first chance he got after graduating from Memphis State (now the University of Memphis) he returned home in 1990. Greg has since continued Vaughan Oil Company and raised a family in Hardeman County.
Vaughan Citgo is located at 913 W Market St, Bolivar. It is open Monday – Saturday, 5 am – 10 pm, and Sunday, 7 am to 10 pm.
Participate in #ShopHardeman
When you shop at any business in Hardeman County and post about it on Facebook and Instagram for #ShopHardeman, your post is an entry in the drawing to win a Grand Prize worth $500 which includes the following gift certificates:
- $50 to Hatchie River Trading Co.
- $50 to Vaughan Citgo in Bolivar
- $50 to Livi Lou’s
- $50 to Lucky’s
- $50 to The Tilted Willow & Co. in Middleton
- $50 to Valero in Bolivar
- $50 to Biscuitry
- $50 to Second Chances in Grand Junction
- $50 to Beehive Beauty Spa opening December 2
- $50 to Bill’s Flowers
How to play:
- Make a purchase at any business in Hardeman County
- Post a picture of your purchase on Facebook and Instagram
- Use the hashtag #ShopHardeman in the post AND tag the Chamber @hardemancochamber
How to multiply your entries:
- Any Hardeman County business = 1 entry
- Chamber Member business = 2 entries (Browse our Business Directory to see what businesses are Hardeman County Chamber Members.)
- Business of the Day = 4 entries