The final Business of the Day for the #ShopHardeman Hashtag and Photo Contest for Thursday, December 12, is Bill’s Flowers & Gifts in Bolivar.
When you shop at Bill’s on December 12 and post about it for #ShopHardeman, your post is worth four entries in the #ShopHardeman drawing for a chance to win a Grand Prize worth $500.
Bill’s began over 60 years ago in the basement of Mrs. Rosemary Turner’s home in Bolivar. When the business relocated to its current location, Mrs. Rosemary quit her job with the Board of Education to work at the shop full time. In July 2018 the business was purchased by Lisa Pulse.
When asked why she purchased the business, Lisa said she always had an interest in the flower and gift shop business. She said she would frequent Bill’s when Rosemary earned it and about 10 years ago she asked Mrs. Rosemary would ever be interested in selling. She wasn’t at the time, but Rosemary told her son that if she passed and they considered selling the business to approach Lisa first.
Since Lisa has bought the business she has made changes modernizing the shop and adding wedding registry.
Bill’s is a full service florist offering fresh and silk flowers and a gift shop with gifts for all occasions. They offer flower and gift delivery to anywhere in Hardeman County. Their gift shop includes items such as flowers and arrangements, jewelry, home decor, and more. They also offer wedding registry.
One thing people may not know is that Bill’s offer online sales through their website. Lisa said they have shipped items nationally.
Some of their more popular brands are Savvy Gourmand, Dear Tucker, Casafina, Baxter & Me, and Flirt jewelry.
Lisa said what sets Bill’s apart is that they truly go out of their way to serve their customers and always offer smiling faces when you visit.
Lisa said she feels most proud when customers are satisfied and when they come in and compliment the changes that have been made in the shop. She has worked hard to modernize the business while also preserving the integrity of Mrs. Rosemary’s vision.
Bill’s Flowers & Gifts is located at 205 W Washington St in Bolivar just behind the Farmer’s Market. Their hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm and Saturday 8 am to 12 pm.
Participate in #ShopHardeman
When you shop at any business in Hardeman County and post about it on Facebook and Instagram for #ShopHardeman, your post is an entry in the drawing to win a Grand Prize worth $500 which includes the following gift certificates:
- $50 to Hatchie River Trading Co.
- $50 to Vaughan Citgo in Bolivar
- $50 to Livi Lou’s
- $50 to Lucky’s
- $50 to The Tilted Willow & Co. in Middleton
- $50 to Valero in Bolivar
- $50 to Biscuitry
- $50 to Second Chances in Grand Junction
- $50 to Beehive Beauty Spa
- $50 to Bill’s Flowers
How to play:
- Make a purchase at any business in Hardeman County
- Post a picture of your purchase on Facebook, Instagram, or both
- Use the hashtag by typing #ShopHardeman AND tag the Chamber by typing @hardemancochamber in the post (you can also use the check-in feature on Facebook or the location feature on Instagram if tagging does not work)
How to multiply your entries:
- Any Hardeman County business = 1 entry
- Chamber Member business = 2 entries (Browse our Business Directory to see what businesses are Hardeman County Chamber Members.)
- Business of the Day = 4 entries