Shackelford Funeral Directors of Bolivar, Inc.
Robert Paisley Shackelford, Sr., the only child of R. E. and Loura, married the former Kathryne Hall and together they moved from Savannah to Bolivar, Tennessee, opening the second Shackelford Funeral Home in 1932. At that time, there were six other establishments in the county that furnished funeral merchandise.
The business which was located in a building on the south side of court square, moved to the east side in 1934. They moved to their present facility on Mecklenburg Drive in 1964. As active in the business as was her husband, Kathryne worked in the Bolivar office until her sudden death in 1961. R. P., Sr., known to his friends as Paisley, remained active in the firm until his death in January 1977. At that time, his younger son, Don Hall Shackelford became the manager, a position he held until his sudden death on December 31, 2000. The present manager is Don’s son, Jeff. In February of 2004, a satellite chapel was opened in Middleton in an effort to better serve the southern portion of Hardeman County as well as northern Mississippi.
For over eighty-five years, Shackelford Funeral Directors have dedicated themselves in service to their community, providing funeral, cremation and prearrangement insurance services based on the needs of families in and around Hardeman County–a tradition they hope to continue for generations to come.
109 Mecklinburg Dr
Bolivar, TN 38008